What is Mobile Ticketing?
Mobile ticketing is a free app that allows you to purchase and download valid Tri Delta Transit bus passes to your smartphone.
How do I start using Mobile Ticketing?
To get started, simply download the Mobile Ticket app from the iTunes Store or from Google Play: Search “Tri Delta Transit.” You will need to supply an email address and create a password. Set up is quick and easy.
Do I need a credit card to set up an account?
Yes. You will need to provide credit or debit card information to establish an account and pay for your tickets.
What if I forget my password?
On the bottom of the Login screen, tap the link named “forgot your password?” Enter your email address where instructed then tap “Request Password Reset.” An email will be sent to the email address with a link to reset your account password.
What happens if I lose my smartphone or buy a new smartphone?
You can transfer any unused tickets, your wallet balance and your saved payment method to your new device/phone. To do this, you will first need to deactivate your old device/phone then install the app on your new device/phone and log into your account. To do this:
- On your new device/phone, go to tickets.trideltatransit.com
- Log into your account
- From the menu on the left, select “My Devices”
- Find your old device/phone (the one you want removed) and click “Deauthorize”. Click OK when prompted.
- Download the Mobile Tickets app to your new device/phone
- Open the app and log in using your existing user name and password
- Your wallet and stored payment methods will now be available on your new device. Any unused tickets will also be available on your new device.
- Any multi-use passes (such as a 31-day pass or 20-ride pass) that were used at least once on your old device, will need to be transferred to your new device. To do so, go to tickets.trideltatransit.com and log into your account. From the menu on the left, select “My Devices”. Find your NEW device in the list. Click MOVE ALL TICKETS TO THIS DEVICE. Click OK when prompted.
Does it cost more to use Mobile Ticketing?
No. Ticket prices are the same. The mobile ticketing application is free to use and to download from both the iTunes Store or from Google Play. When using the application, please be aware that mobile service providers set their own prices for data and usage. Tri Delta Transit is not responsible for any mobile carrier data charges that a customer incurs as a result of purchasing a mobile ticket or downloading the mobile application.
Is Mobile Ticketing safe to use?
Yes. All personal and credit card information is stored on a securely encrypted Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant server.
What passes can I buy on my phone?
- Single Rides: General Public and Senior/Disabled
- Day Passes: General Public and Senior/Disabled
- 20-Ride Passes: General Public and Senior/Disabled
- 31 Day Passes
- Paratransit Tickets: $2.75; $5.50; $7.00
How many mobile tickets can I buy at one time?
You can buy as many mobile tickets as you want and store them on your phone for future use.
Do mobile tickets expire? How long do I have to use them once I buy them?
Mobile tickets can be stored on your phone indefinitely. They will expire only after they have been activated:
- Single Ride tickets must be used within 60 minutes of activation
- Day Passes are valid until 2:59 am after initial use/activation
- 31-Day Passes are valid for 31 consecutive days after initial use/activation
- Paratransit tickets must be used within 60 minutes of activation
Can I get a refund?
Refunds will not be provided for lost, stolen or damaged passes. A refund for unused passes or stored value balances can be requested, and may be issued pending review and approval.
How do I activate mobile tickets once they are on my phone?
When you view your ticket, you will see a “USE NOW” button next to the ticket. When you tap the USE NOW link, a confirmation message will appear asking you to confirm the activation. Select “Yes, I am Boarding Now” and your ticket will be active and ready for use.
How and when do I need to activate my mobile ticket?
You should activate your mobile ticket before boarding the bus. Tickets remain active for the duration of your trip. Once you board the bus, simply show the activated ticket screen with video playing in the background to the driver.
Are mobile tickets valid on all Tri Delta Transit buses?
Yes. You can use mobile tickets on all Tri Delta Transit fixed route and paratransit buses. However, you must have the correct ticket for your bus:
- Paratransit tickets may NOT be used on fixed route buses and
- Fixed route tickets may NOT be used on paratransit buses.
If I lose cell phone service while riding the bus, will my mobile ticket still work?
Yes, mobile tickets do not need cellular or internet service to be displayed. However, they do need service to be purchased. Therefore, you must purchase and activate your ticket before boarding the bus. If you lose service after boarding the bus, you will still be able to display purchased tickets. Remember, you must purchase your ticket before boarding the bus.
What happens if my smartphone battery dies before I show the driver my mobile ticket?
You are responsible for keeping your smartphone charged. You MUST pay the appropriate cash fare if your smartphone is not working, so please plan accordingly.
Can I transfer buses with mobile tickets?
You may only transfer buses with Mobile Tickets if you are using a valid Day Pass, 31-Day Pass, or a 20-Ride Pass with rides remaining. Single-ride mobile tickets are valid for one ride only.